Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We ate baby octopus......and liked it!

Last night we went to dinner with another NY person that started with Mike this week. She and her husband are also here for 2 years, but her husband, hadn't rec'd his entry clearance until yesterday, so he should be arriving today. We went out for Spanish Tapas and Sangria. If you've ever had Tapas, it's kind of like little appetizers and you order them in rounds. So round one, we ordered cured meats and Baby Octopus. When it came out it looked like just that, deep fried baby octopus! I figured I may as well give it a go, and tried it--Mike did too. It tasted like fried calamari! I only wished it came with some marinara for dipping! Instead it came with mayo, everything here comes wiht mayo! It was a lovely evening, and then later on she showed us the area of Covent Garden which looked nice. It was really nice to hang out with someone else in a similar situation! Apparently, there are alot of us, and we're going to another NY expat's "flat" tonight for a barbeque. She's been here a year already and lives in the area I think we're going to focus on--Fulham. We've heard she has a 2 floor flat and it has a big garden off the back! Tomorrow is the start of our housing search, so we'll keep you posted on that.

Today I've decided to just lay low, and my feet and legs are thanking me. I may just hit the grocery store for some bottled waters, and also look for a change purse. They have a lot more coins here than they do in the states, and my wallet's change purse just isn't cutting it! It's so small, that I don't even know what coins are in there, and the coins are worth alot--up to 2 GBP, or $4! I'm also going to be working on my CV (resume'). Mike spoke with some people at PwC yesterday and it seems that may have a job for me in their recruiting dept. It sounds like fun! It would focus on me visiting colleges to recruit people and some event planning! I realized that I really need to find something to do...this housewife stuff is kind of dull--especially since I don't have any kids to look after, though the laundry takes forever--I could do that full time, I think!

That's all for now, talk to you again soon!

No comments: