Monday, August 20, 2007

Still Waiting for the Maid...

You see, I'm starting to have somewhat of an adverse relationship with our maid. I think she really hates me. When we first checked into the Cloisters, we were told that we got our linens changed every week. It seemed for the first week though, we were getting fresh towels everyday. So, the second week, Mike and I got a little sloppy with our towels and were leaving them on the floor, etc. It seemed that we weren't getting new towels everyday anymore! Now, it shouldn't have come to a shock to us or anything, but still I felt the need to ask the maid what the deal was with the towels. Her reply was very English..."you do have laundry facilities, you CAN clean them yourself!"...Okay...since then, I've noticed she's leaving us to very late in the day to clean. TODAY...I've been in and out since around 10AM. First went to Fulham to buy a trolley thing for the groceries, then went grocery shopping...Came back around 12:00...still not clean. Okay, went to the closest Starbucks, had a cup of tea and read for about an hour (how long can I sit by myself babying my tea!)...Came back, still not clean. Went back out to another Starbucks, this time a bit further, brought my laptop, stayed there for about 2 hours, came back, still not done! So here I am, around 4:00, and kicked out of my room b/c the maid just decided to show up! 4:00! Doesn't she know that I'm a domestic goddess now and need to cook dinner!?!?!? So that's why I think the maid hates me/us. We've got to be last on her list to clean.

Tomorrow, I don't have any domestic errands to run, so I'm heading out early to get a spot to see "The Changing of the Guards" it's on every other day. From what I hear, in order to get front row, I have to get there pretty early like 1.5 hours before it starts. I will definitely bring my book with me then! After that, I think I'll go to the British Museum. I think it's going to be somewhat like the Smithsonian. Mike's not really into museums, so I don't feel bad seeing those without him.

This weekend is "Bank Holiday". It's a 3 day weekend, I guess kind of like Labor Day, but there's not real reason for it. We were going to try to make a trip out of it, but it seems like in the states that they jack up all the flights for the weekend. We may take a bus to Cornwall or something though, just to see another part of the country!

No comments: