Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sorry for No Post Yesterday!

Hello Everyone! Sorry I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday. I didn't think I had anything interesting to say...but then...

I got a call from Mike who was at work saying that the landlord of the apartment we were renting as of Sept 13 wanted to extend the move in date! I think I've made pretty clear the crampedness of the place we're in now, so both of us were freaking out. I started calling estate agents left and right trying to get viewings of other places in the next day or so. After dinner, Mike and I went to see a couple of the ones that I'm seeing today just from the outside. They were nice. We also went to check out some of the pubs in the area. We had a pint at what we thought would be out "local", The Slug@Fulham, but people just watch Aussie Rules Football there, and God forbid you should get in their way of the TV! So, like we said we'll eat there for their 2 for 1 entrees, but we'll move on from there! We then tried another one that had Trivia on Monday nights (right up my alley, right?) WRONG! It smelled like a dirty sweatsock, so we left there straight away. Then we went to Brogan's which was an Irish pub. We liked it there, although, no American Football is EVER shown there, we asked the owner!

So then we took the tube home, and Mike filled out all of the paperwork for the Peterborough flat. He's going to hold off on sending it in until I see these others this morning. I have 3 appointments to see 4 flats, all before noon, so it's a pretty busy morning...OH, and it's raining here! The first day of rain since we've arrived! So in essence, I'm going on a wild goose chase to find a flat (better than the one we've already got) in the pouring rain, in a city where I have no idea where I'm going! Sounds like a grand day doesn't it??????

BTW...they are only pushing our move-in date back 2 days--we'd move in on the 15th...I'm not sure why Mike's panties are in a bunch over this, but I guess we all have our sticking points!

Alright, I better start getting ready for my first appointment! I have to meet the agent at the property at 10:15...and it's already 9:15 and I've still got a wet head!

I'll give you an update when I come back from the search!

No comments: