Went on my interview today with Simon...He looked like name should be Simon...Anyway, as it turns out I'm both overqualified and underqualified for the postion. Underqualified b/c I'm not familiar enough with the area, so if I was given the task of event planning, I wouldn't know vendors or venues. Overqualified b/c I have "vast experiences" with Toyota that they feel I would be bored. So they are going to keep me on file as a candidate in the future. Oddly enough, I'm not that disappointed over it. While I would like to have a job, and a purpose for my day, this was going to be over an hour commute on the train each morning. Bleh! I told Simon that I would be open to any opportunities, but not retail or personal assistant type deals. He also told me that I was low-balling myself in the salary I was expecting. That with my experience I should be asking double...I guess that's good! I also signed up as a temp there, so we'll see what comes of it.
Mike's got an expat dinner tonight so I'm chilling here tonight. No worries though, I just picked up a great book! I've decided only to resort to TV if I'm desperate! I know--me "resorting" to TV...who'dve thought I would kick the habit that quick! I think this afternoon I'm going to take a trip up to Oxford Street which is a major shopping district. Not that I'll buy anything (the conversion rate stinks) but I can window shop!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment