We've been here for two weeks and so for neither of us has gotten lost, mugged, or beaten down. Success, right? I think so! Like I said, I know we need to to vigilant, but it does seem very safe here. I've been keeping count. I've see only 5 tramps. Bums as we'd call them. Though they are always in the same spot, and I've seen them more than once, only 5 total. I always think it's funny that some bums choose rather posh neighborhoods to live. We live in a pretty posh neighborhood now (The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea)...yeah, we're in Liz's neighborhood--the Queen Elizabeth to you! And our bums do Soduku on the sidewalk...they don't beg for change!
Tonight we went for drinks with Mike's Co-worker who was here from the states, but from Britain. It was nice. We went to a bar that is also in a theatre, playing Jane Eyre...I never liked that book in HS so I was glad I didn't have to see the play in order to go to the pub. Later on, we went to a Mexican Restaurant with some other fellow New Yorkers. This the the girl that came over with Mike and her husband. As it turns out they will be living right down the road from us. We found out tonight that Fulham is actually a very sought after area to live in. So it made us all feel good that we picked a good place. I've been comparing it to like Brooklyn in my mind. Like you know you're still in the city, but it doesn't feel like the city. The only difference is Fulham is right in the heart of everything.
I was excited to get an email from Crystal today saying that she found a British Airways flight for $159 each way. Looks like she'll be coming with Dave in March to visit during Spring Break! Yay!
It's already quite late here, so I suppose I should be getting to bed. Tomorrow we're doing the terribly touristy things like visiting Buckingham Palace and Tower of London, etc. I'm going to be going to Buckingham Palace mid-week though to see the changing of the guards.
Cousin Stephen, maybe I'll get a real picture of a Beefeater to add to my gmail account!
Talk to you all soon!
Love you!
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment