Friday, August 24, 2007

Car Giant

Today I had an interview at Car Giant which just surpassed Longo Toyota as the World's Largest Car Dealership as per the Guinness Book of World Records. The position was for a Marketing Analyst and pretty much mirrored what I did at Toyota. I defintely nailed the interview and already have a 2nd interview scheduled for not next week, but the following. It would be a 20% increase in pay from what I was earning in the states, but here, it's necessary b/c everything is so expensive! The area that it was in was a bit "dodgy" as they say here, but in speaking with the girls there, they said I could get the bus from Notting Hill which takes you right to the door there. So it wouldn't be too bad, but definitely something to consider. They are going to be going through a Brand initiative which I would lead, so that it right up my alley. I never thought I would work at a dealership, in a retail environment, but it's very different here. They have all kinds of law regarding what you can advertise, etc. There's no negotiating on vehicles here. The price is the price and the rate is the rate. Although the rates rarely matter b/c it's really hard to get credit here. I felt really good about the interview, so Rajiv....they might be calling you! I really got along with the Marketing Manager, although I think the HR lady was a little frustrated b/c she couldn't converse like with us about cars and financing etc.

Tomorrow we're headed to Glasgow. We have to leave the Cloisters here at around 5:00AM...we're taking the Hogwarts,(I mean Gatwich) Express from Victoria, and then flying out of Gatwick. It's only an hour and ten minute flight, so we'll be there pretty early in the morning! I think we'll be back early enough on Monday to head to the Notting Hill Carnival, which is supposed to be the biggest carnival in Europe. We're also looking into destinations for my birthday already...looks like Spain is the front runner, with Madrid being the leading city.

You won't get a post from me until Monday...so don't get nervous! We're packing light and won't be bringing our computer with us! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: