Wednesday, August 22, 2007

American Women's Club

I did some research online regarding Ex-Pat clubs. I came across this one called "The American Women's Club". The website said that they have happy hours and day trips and meetings and lots of other things. I thought it might be something I could get involved with since I do like to join things and be a part of groups. I emailed them last night for some more information on it. Well today I got my information...Information that tells me this club isn't for me---There's a "strict no denim policy". No denim? These women clearly have been out of the states too long. Picture it...women in their suits and hats with their white gloves sipping tea and eating scones. So I think I'm going to pass on the American Women's Club.

In other news, we've booked our destination for the Bank Holiday. We're headed to Glasgow, Scotland for a few days. We were able to use hotel points (though those aren't going to last for long) and get a flight that was cheaper than taking the train. What's a bit frustrating here is that the actual flight cost only about 30 GBP each, but the tax the hell out of you here, and they wound up being like 130ish GBP...no wonder we couldn't deal with them 200 years ago! Taxation Without Representation!! Apparently Glasgow is the 2nd largest city in the UK, next to London, but it's steeped in history---I'm not sure what history yet, but I'm sure after our trip I'll have a full report!

Tonight we're playing poker at The Morrison, our local pub in Fulham. It's 5 GBP each to play and we get a burger and fries with that! Normally I wouldn't play poker, but they say the welcome beginners, and I'm always up for meeting new friends. I just hope I'm not the only girl! I'll let you know if we win big!

No comments: