Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Rosetta Stone!
So I got a late start today, and only go to the changing of the guards about 45 minutes before it started. If I had stayed, I would have been about 3 people back, and most likely all I would have got to see would have been the backs of the Japanese tourists in front of me. Another day! Instead, I hopped back on the tube and went to visit the British Museum. I thought it was going to be kind of like the Smithsonian, but I was wrong. They actually have a HUGE collection of Ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman artifacts. Their pride and joy being the Rosetta Stone. It was actually a little smaller than I thought it would be--about 2ft X 2ft. It was very interesting though. I probably spent about 3 hours there, but being the History geek that I am, could probably have spent 3 more. I also stopped and did a little food shopping. Now it's time for laundry--a housewife's job is never done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment