I'm not sure why I've entitled this post "Prawn Cocktail Potato Chips" but perhaps it's because that is the weirdest thing I've seen today! YES, they are potato chips--excuse me, CRISPS and they are SHRIMP COCKTAIL flavored...so weird...The thought of it turned my stomach this morning as I stopped into the Sainsbury Local to pick up my Diet Coke before heading out for the day.
After Mike left for work around 8:30 today, I decided to head out on the town. My first stop was the dry cleaners--one of Mike's suit jackets had a broken button, which I had to get repaired. Only 4 pounds 25 for 2 button replacements--the bad news is that it's not going to be ready until Thursday afternoon...In the US, they would have had it for me in one day! Oh well, C'est la vie! I clammed up when the lady at the dry cleaners asked for my phone number...when I said I didn't have one, she looked at me like I had 3 heads, so b/c I didn't have a #, I had to pay in advance--no problem! Next stop the Chelsea Pharmacy. Now, Mike has not had his deodorant since we got here. He doesn't know where he's packed it, so we're going on the assumption that it wasn't packed! Anyway, we've been looking for deodorant all over the place. Finally I found it today. ANTI PERSPIRANT and all! So now he'll be able to stop using my Secret--though it is strong enough for a man--just pH balanced for a lady! Hahaha!
Now it was time for my daily adventure. I took the tube to Piccadilly Circus b/c I remembered it was close to Trafalgar Sq. Here I stopped to eat some skittles and took in a performance by a dance troupe in the square. The main purpose of this trip was to go and visit that National Art Gallery. Mike doesn't like art museums so I didn't feel bad taking in this attraction without him. They were having a big exhibit on Rembrandt so I saw that and then hit up all the famous works in the pamphlet, most notably the Sunflowers by Van Goh and Madonna of the Rocks. I even rented the little headset so that I would actually know what I was looking at.
Next back on the tube...I just want to pause for a moment to make an observation about how the English dress. On the tube, there were 2 blokes both wearing navy blue pinstriped suits, but they were cut really tight...so the suits were really form fitting, then they had really pointy shoes on, like the ones that are fashionable for girls in the US, and they both had those messy haircuts that are trying to be a mohawk, but not really b/c there's hair on all sides...The girls have this obsession with wearing footless tights under skirst and short shorts...and if they aren't footless, they are full blown tights. I think I've mentioned before it's about 90 degrees here and sunny...they have to be roasting!!!! Anyway, from the Tube I did another round of food shopping, I think I may had to do this everyday as I can't buy more than I can carry. The highlight of this shopping trip however was Skippy Peanut Butter!
Now I'm back in the flat and can't watch TV b/c I haven't figured out how to turn it on. Silly me, I thought the power button would do the trick! I guess I'll have to have Mike show me when he gets home! I guess I'll read some Harry Potter and get dinner started so it's ready when Mike gets home--this housewife stuff is for the birds...I need to find a job STAT!
I'll have Mike post about his first day of work a little later! Bye for now!
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment