Our big plans for the day fell to pieces when the two of us woke up utterly exhausted. I used the excuse of Mike having to be fresh and well rested for work tomorrow to get out of trekking across the city to look at neighborhoods. Instead, we went food shopping for some essentials and for dinner tonight. I'm making fusilli pasta with grilled chicken. Food shopping was a little complicated. The produce aisle was pretty much the same, we got some fruit--grapes, clementines, and bananas...but when it came to getting laundry soap and dish soap we were at somewhat of a loss. Dish soap was chosen by it being the one of the shelf that they were almost out of. We figured it was either popular or on sale! The laundry soap pellets (yep they're pellets) I just picked b/c there was another lady there getting it. It's weird not to have familiar brands for that type of thing! In the cleaning aisle I did find "Pledge"---not that we have to dust in our temporary housing, but it was nice to see something familiar.
When we got home I decided to try and do some laundry. After sitting in front of the machine for about 10 minutes, I think I finally figured out how to get it going, but we'll see, it's be about 2 hours and it's still not done!
After taking a little rest, we went out to try and find someplace to watch the football game--our local team here, Chelsea is playing Manchester United today. Unfortuately there aren't any sports pubs on the Chelsea High Street. But on this adventure I did find a department store, while it was a little pricy, you could really find anything you wanted. On the way back, I stopped at Starbucks to get my favorite, Passion Fruit Iced Tea, but they didn't have any cold drinks there! The nerve! It's only like 500 degrees here--and NOTHING has air conditioning! We keep saying we brought the sun with us, but right about now I'd welcome a little cloud cover! This city just isn't equipped to handle anything over 70 degrees.
In a couple of hours I'm going to make dinner, and we'll probably watch Bones--they have a marathon on tonight! I think they get more American TV than I thought! This morning the OC was on when we woke up! I just can't get into the BBC shows, they are REALLY boring!
Well, I suppose this post is pretty boring...no major catastrophes or accidents. Tomorrow is another day though, and it's Mike's 1st day of work, so I'm sure he'll have something to write about. I think I may venture to the Natural History Museum, we'll see!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment