Thursday, August 23, 2007

Not Only am I a Domestic Diva...

But add Poker Princess to that list too! Okay, other than the 2 times I didn't raise as much as I was supposed to I did really well. SO WELL, in fact that I got a better ranking than Mike! He came in around 23rd or 21st place, and I was around 17th! That's right! Top 20! I guess all of those lazy Sundays watching Texas Hold 'Em on ESPN really paid off! Luckily, I wasn't the only girl at the tournament AND we met some very nice people. 1 guy from Seattle, 3 Canadians, and a guy from Portugal were at our 1st table. I think Mike thought I was going to do something embarressing, so he kept whispering things in my ear that I was supposed to do...Little did he know, I had it under control. LOL! The burgers were good, but we didn't stay for the 2nd round of poker, maybe when we live there, but it wasn't going to start until around 9:30, and then by the time we'd get home it would just be too late.

Today my mission is to look at gyms. We get some discounts with Mike's company, so I'm going to see the one that's best. There's one right in the Fulham Broadway Tube Station that looks good, and convenient! I think they even have a pool and tennis courts. I'm also on the hunt for a duffle bag for our trip to Scotland. We only have our HUGE suitcases here with us, and we certainly don't want to lug those all over the place! We also don't want to spend a fortune on a stupid bag that we only need b/c we don't have our stuff yet!

No comments: