Monday, November 12, 2007

Tomorrow's a Big Day!

So, I've been working at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers for the past few weeks as they are having a huge launch of allowing Engineering Technicians into their society. (Exciting Stuff I know). Tomorrow's "EngTech" Day and the best part about it is that I get to meet 3 members of Parliament AND the Secretary of State, The Right Honorable John Denham! Mike keeps telling me to bring my camera, but I think I may just have to take mental pictures of this one!

On another note, I am getting SOOOO excited to come home for Thanksgiving. The anticipation is making me a little homesick though, and I would think it would be the opposite. The whole weekend is going to be a whirlwind, but at least we'll get to see most of the people we'd like to. At least at Christmas we'll have a little more time and hopefully get to make all the rounds.

This past weekend we went to see "We Will Rock You" which is a West End show that features the music of Queen. Though the story line could have been better, the music was great. We went with our friends from Ohio, Chris and Kialee, and went and had dinner afterward at a place called The Texas Embassy, which was one time just that--before Texas became a part of the USA, they had their own embassy in London. So a few margaritas later, Mike and I were trying to find our way home. The tubes were closed, we were tipsy, and the cabbie wanted 45 quid to take us home...needless to say we took the night bus and had to wait 45 minutes for it.

No comments: