Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Parliamentarians are schlebs...

Well at least the ones I met today. They were actually poorly dressed and carrying burlap sacks. At least one of them was! The Secretary of State was not nearly as well spoken as I thought he would have been, but I did get to shake his hand. He was kind of snobby as well, and came after the presentation started and stayed only a half an hour. I realize he's a busy man and all, but really. His speech was boring at best and he was literally reading it word for word from the page. On the upside, they let us out at 4:00 today in celebration for the event being over, and the whole department went out for a couple of pints. We'll see how long my stint lasts at this place. I can picture them having much more work for me to do after this week.

No comments: