I was so wrapped up in our horrible commute yesterday, I neglected to tell you what Halloween was like in London. People here definitely know what Halloween is, but they really don't go "all out" with it like we do here. On my 3 mile walk home, I did see a few trick-or-treaters, but their costumes were like k-mart specials with the crappy masks. and plastic, garbage bag like shirts. The closest we came to trick-or-treaters were two slutty devils who rang our buzzer trying to sell Mike the services of a new gas company-- Though we're not sure that's all they were selling! Our neighbor upstairs let them in and they were up there for a little while...I suppose the could have been just pitching their product, but I'm a little suspect of that!
My temp job got extended through the end of NEXT week, so I'll be at this place for 2 weeks. The people there are nice enough (you can't expect much more from the English), and though the work is completely mindless, I did do my first mail merge today which I was pretty excited about---doesn't take much these days!
Finally, this weekend we're just going to chill out both days. We literally have had something to do every weekend since we've been here---Yes, August 3 was our first day here, so this is a much needed and deserved break in the action!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment