Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Foggy day in London town...

Well, no it's actually quite sunny and nice, but I will tell you one thing that's actually drab and gray--the Londoner's wardrobe. I suppose I hadn't thought of it before since I wasn't in the business world, but now that I'm back at work I'm finding the business clothes of the Londoner boring at best. People don't wear color. They either wear black or gray and on a day the want to get a little crazy they wear navy blue. Yesterday I think I noticed it the most as I was wearing camel colored dress pants and a hunter green sweater. I might as well have been wearing day glow yellow and hot pink! No wonder why Mike won't wear his tan suit to work! Today I've decided to rebel against the norm and am wearing my pink tweed 'Legally Blonde' suit! I'll be sure to get a few stares on the tube! On another note, while I'm still talking about the Londoner's wardrobe, I completely understand the concept of not having a lot of clothes here. One, there isn't anywhere to put them in your house and two, they are super expensive. However, I think the average person should at least have enough to make it through a week's rotation. There's one particular guy in the office I'm working at who has been wearing the same pair of pants since last Wednesday. There's another girl who wore the same outfit 3 days in a row, but just changed her shirt! Perhaps I was spoiled from a young age, but I think that's just a bit gross! Okay that's all from me for now....Stay tuned for today's English Word of the Day!

No comments: