Friday, November 30, 2007

The Joys of the British Housewife

Yes, I'm back to being a housewife. Apparently my availability from now 'til Christmas doesn't suit the temp agency, so I'm back to being unemployed until after Christmas. They didn't say that exactly, but I get the feeling that I won't get called now until the New Year. So, what's a girl to do with all this time on her hands? BAKE! I'm doing Christmas cookies this year! Today is day one of my baking spree, and I'm making peanut butter cookies! It's hard to find ingredients, so I started with those as I could find everything I needed. I think before I continue, I'll have to drop by the American food store to pick up some other ingredients!

Next week we're having our annual Jingle Bell Blast that we usually have for all of Mike's team. However, apparently people don't socialize with people they work with here, so I think it's just going to be us expats! Fine by me! I don't think we'll pull out the beer pong table this year, much to our dismay, but it would have to go outside, and it may be a little cold!

No comments: