Monday, November 19, 2007

No Electricity!!!!

This morning, as I was going through my usual routine on the computer, email, myspace, facebook, news. The power went out! I figured it was a normal power outage, and it would come back on shortly. So I waited. Then I called Mike to tell him to call me on the landline if he needed me because the power was out. He directed me to the circuit breaker box. The circuit breaker box is about 8 feet up (yes, we've got very high ceilings) so needless to say when I stood on a chair, I still couldn't reach. I literally had to move the entire kitchen table over to check it out. There weren't any switches flipped to off but the main one, and STUPID me, didn't realize that was a bad thing. I went back to my conclusion that the power had just failed and if I was patient, it would come back on. So I waited, and waited. Finally, about 4 hours later, Mike called to check on me. I told him that all the switches were on "on", but the one that's separate, which I later found out is the main. At this point I called the property management company, and they had an electrician out in about 15 minutes...It helps that it was considered an emergency because our heat is run by electricity. The electrician came and as it turns out, there was one circuit that was a short, the rest were okay, and luckily it's our backyard motion sensor that's out. He's supposed to come back tomorrow to get everything up and running, but for now, at least we have lights and heat! Just when I thought it was going to be a nice relaxing day at home....

No comments: