As far as we knew this morning when we woke up, the strike was still on. Mike work his Nike Air Cole Haans to work (he got a blister yesterday) and he was figuring out the best route to take! Sadly when he got to work, having passed no tube stations along the way, he came to find out that the strike had been suspended! He made a 3 mile trek across the city in his dress clothes for nothing! Have you ever walked 3 miles straight in a city? I assure you it isn't pleasant, especially in this city...sweating is not an option. You can be out for a leisurly stroll, and it may be chilly enough for you to need a sweater, but I assure you, walk 1 or 2 blocks and you are drenched! And if you're not drenched I may consider having you sweat glands looked at.
Today and tomorrow Mike is in a training class in Greenwich, which is in the East part of England (blah!) and has to stay overnight. We're not 100% sure of the overnight thing, we think it may have something to do with networking etc. So tonight I'm on my own...the best part, I don't have to cook! It's just me, some mac and cheese, a few tabloids and some reality TV. AND I don't have to share our minute couch!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment