Sunday, September 9, 2007
Bodean's
Today we went to Bodean's in Fulham--right down the street from where we're to live as of Friday. Mike was feeling a little uneasy about the bar in Piccadilly...there were 3 floors and all kinds of sports going on...at least Bodeans was dedicated to American Football! We were able to see the Jets v. New England game...not much of a game but it was really nice to see something familiar...The best part for me was that they had LIght Beer! It may have been Coors Light, so it tasted more like water than beer, but I'll take it! We had real American food....nachos and wings for an appetizer and then burger and steak for the main course. We spanned that, along with about 6 beers each, for the 3 hour game, and it was brilliant! The waitresses were American so they understood when we didn't want any Guacamole---it's hard, very hard to get 'special orders' here! Our waitress was even from Florida and went to USF, she didn't know Stephen though, we asked! So now, the first game has just finished and Mike and I are "properly knockered" as they say here. Now, off to bed, and only 5 more nights in the Cloisters! I really can't wait to move! Mike's afraid I'm going to be let down, but I just can't wait to have our own place! Granted Fulham doesn't have the shops that Chelsea has, but they are only a few tube stops away! Besides, I've joined the Harrod's club, and that gives me cash back for all transactions, so we'll be shopping there often...it's not more money, so it's worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment