Tuesday, September 25, 2007

They say it's my birthday....da da da da da da

Yes, yes, here it is. The very best day of the year. Twenty-eight years ago today the world was blessed with my presence, and quite frankly, it hasn't been the same since! Hahaha!

First off, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and cards and packages and everything! Having the messages from home has been really wonderful!

Today I went to get my hair done. I got my hair colored and cut and blown out. I was a bit nervous at first. My hairdresser, Rebecca, had bright orange hair, hot pink eyeshadow, purple tights, and pretty much looked like the singer Pink. Not what I'm used to at all! I have to say though, I think I got the best color I've ever gotten. She had a weird cutting technique where she twisted my hair and then cut into the twists. The place really kind of reminded me of my place at home DePasquale but on a smaller scale--funny, but the girl had even heard of DePasquale--they're WORLD FAMOUS! She was from New Zealand and will be here for 2 years--so it was a match made in heaven!

Tonight, Mike is getting home from Brussels and we're going out to dinner. Just a local tapas place near our house. Then this weekend, we're going to Porto, Portugal to meet my friend Amanda! What a birthday extravaganza! I hope all of my friends back home aren't missing my annual birthday extravaganza too much--though I'm not sure I could top last year's Survivor Party.

That's all for now! Talk to you all again soon!

Love,
The birthday girl

OH...Mike wanted me to make it perfectly clear that we didn't partake in the legal drug trade in Amsterdam...we neither purchased drugs, not took them!

No comments: