Move-In Countdown: 2 1/2 days!
Today I was on a mission. I was going to find a place to buy our TVs that would deliver them on Friday. What's a lady of leisure to do without television???? Yesterday, I went to Harrods to look at their AV department. It was actually quite a nice selection (surprised?), and since I am now in the "Harrod's Frequent Shopper" club, I would have gotten cash back on my purchase. Quite frankly I wanted to buy the TV there just because it would be easy, but they wanted to take 2 weeks for deliver...2 WEEKS! I had to check them off the list. Then, I went to John Lewis which is kind of like Macys or Lord & Taylor, and they didn't take American Express. Today...this was my mission. I went online to find some electronics stores and found a place called Curry's. I jumped on the tube and was there in 20 minutes. It only took me a few minutes to pick out what I wanted--They had a 32" Sharp Aquos on sale, and there was a deal to get the stand...SOLD...then I needed to find a little TV for the bedroom...There was a Panasonic on sale...SOLD! Here's where it got a little complicated. Here I am making small talk with the salesman (who I found out didn't even make any commission on me!) he's running my American Express card, and SLAM! He has to call for special authorization. I knew this was going to happen...I guess English people don't make big purchases here. Our cards have been getting flagged for fraud left and right. So the salesman, Gerald, had to call Amex...They put me on the phone and said that I couldn't make the purchase and that someone would call me back in 48 hours! 48 hours! There's NO WAY I would have my TV in time then! Here's where I think being married to Mike has rubbed off on me! I simply told the woman on the other end that this was simply unacceptable and that I wanted to speak with someone who could resolve the matter now. She put her supervisor "Eddie" on the phone. Eddie told me that I simply could not make the purchase--end of story. Maybe his story, but not mine! I told Eddie that we were Platinum customers and although we were new customers in the UK that our Amex history in the states was stellar and that he was making a very serious mistake. He took my US Amex information...then he apologized!
In the end, I got my TVs! I'm very excited about this! We're having them delivered at 2:00 in Friday...
Another deliver coming on Friday is a whole slew of groceries! YES, I am having all of our 1st foodshop groceries delivered at 4:00 on Friday. This way, we don't have to figure out how to get them from point a to point b. They come to us! We had a really big shopping list because not only are we just moving in, but we're having a housewarming party for all of our expat friends on Saturday night. The plan is to grill, but I suppose we'll have to see about that, since I'm not sure where to find a grill! I'm making sausage and peppers and buffalo wings along with the burgers, so I guess we'll figure something out if we don't have a grill in time!
10:00---get our keys to Peterborough Villas
12-1:00---our shipment gets delivered
2:00---our TV gets delivered
4:00---our groceries get delivered
5:00---we're all set!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment