Friday, September 7, 2007

Porto, Portugal

We are jetsetters! Tomorrow, we're taking the train to Bath, to explore there for the day and coming back that evening, next weekend, we move into our new digs, Amsterdam the following weekend, AND we just booked ourselves flights to Porto, Portugal for the following weekend! Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it! My friend Amanda is going to be in Poro that weekend--I knew this before we left, but I guess in all the craziness here, it just slipped my mind! Well, she emailed me yesterday asking if we thought we'd be interested in meeting her there--she even found us flights for 20 Pounds! How could we pass that up!!?!?! We get to see a friendly face from home AND get to visit another country! We're both really excited about Portugal because it wasn't really a country on our radar to visit, and PORTO is the Port Wine making captial of the world--Mike is very excited!

Like I said tomorrow we're hitting up Bath, which is supposed to be like a Jane Austen novel come to life for all you literary gurus. I think 2 of her books were even set there. We were going to stay over, but decided to just come back that night, save the money for another destination where we HAVE to stay.

Sunday is the first day of football! We're going to go to Piccadilly Circus to the "American Sports Bar" to watch. The Giants don't play 'til the night game, so we won't get to see them...as it is, the 1:00 game starts here at 6:00!

Only 1 more week at the Cloisters! The countdown continues! Every night before we go to bed, we say all the things we can't wait for...I can't wait for my pots, pans, and knives--and a normal sized kitchen. Mike can't wait for a human sized couch and a queen sized bed!

No comments: