Yes, I completed my assignment by lunchtime today. After lunch they were scrambling to find something for me to do! Basically, my whole task was to collect RSVPs for this big event the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are having to launch a new program for affliation. I certainly have collected RSVPs before, but this company had an ass backwards way of doing it, so I redid the whole thing. The girl that was overseeing me asked how I knew how to set up the spreadsheet, and when I told her I was a marketing analyst for Toyota, she was surprised. She said that whenever they get temps they are usually not experienced at all. Unfortunately, my experience didn't lend to any more challenging tasks, but I was busy for a good portion of the day. The only time I didn't have anything to do, they literally told me to 'have a look around the internet for awhile.' Fine, twist my arm!
One funny thing that happened to me---I went to a sandwich shop around the corner and got a sandwich and soda to go, and I went and sat in St. James's Park to have my lunch and read my book. There I was minding my own business, when along came a squirrel on the bench next to me. At first I didn't think he realized I was there, but when I went to shoo him away he literally hissed and clawed at me. I jumped up from the bench and he ran away. Damn people always feeding the squirrels, the little bastard thought I was going to feed him!!! It kind of reminded me of the squirrel I used to feed birdseed to in the backyard when I was a kid--he turned on me too! He used to come and knock on the door when he was hungry and when we stopped feeding him he went crazy if I remember correctly. Something to note: Squirrels aren't wrapped too tight, so keep your distance!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment