Monday, October 15, 2007

Harrod's Here I Come!

Well, I got a text message and follow up email earlier today! I've got an interview at Harrod's tomorrow at 2:00PM and they say that if it goes well, I would be there until after 5:00! I know I said I wanted to do something in London that I would never do in the States, and I think this one really takes the cake! Full Time Christmas Grotto Host--In short, an elf! Greeting people coming to see Father Christmas, etc. Sadly, or maybe not so sadly, I think I'll be really good at this. I guess I'm looking at it as a chance of a lifetime to do something like this--and I'd get a 33% discount!! I just hope they are okay with my schedule requirements--I don't want to work weekends, but I'll work like crazy Mon-Fri AND I'll be gone for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I figure I might as well be up front with them about it! The email had very specific instructions on what I was and was not to wear/bring to the interview. I have to wear a black matching suit with a white or pastel colored blouse and black matching shoes. I also need to bring a passport picture! I had to get one of those today--How embarressing, I had to go to a photo booth at the tube station to get it!

So wish me luck in my interview tomorrow! Honestly, if I can't get a job as a freaking elf, I'm not going to get any job here!

No comments: