Saturday, October 20, 2007
The Butcher Shop...
There is a butcher shop down the road from us that we've been dying to try since we moved here. Yesterday, I decided to go and get a couple of steaks for dinner there, and what an experience it was! First, I arrived around 2PM on a Friday and had to wait in line for a half an hour. It was like waiting in line for toilet paper in communist Russia! Finally, I got into the store and the man in front of me ordered 2 lamb breasts which looked kind just slabs of boney meat. The butcher asked the man if he wanted them chopped, and he did. so with 2 knives (one in each hand) it was a chopping frenzy. I think I even got a little meat ricochet splatter on my face. Next, it was my turn...I just asked for 2 sirloin steaks and she just put them in a plastic ShopRite style bag and then handed them to me. They weren't wrapped in butcher paper or anything. I was a little grossed out by the whole thing. Have I mentioned the smell? It was awful, just imagine pounds and pounds of raw flesh everywhere and pigs heads on the counter, bleh. As you can tell I was thoroughly grossed out by the whole experience! Though the steaks were decent, they certainly weren't the best we've ever had, so we may be trying elsewhere for our meat going forward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment