Hello Everyone!
I took me a little while to fight the jet lag (I suck at getting back on schedule here) and then had my bout with sickness, but now I'm back on top of the world and raring to go! This trip back home was billed to be a little more relaxing. Relaxing? Hmmm. I guess nothing is relaxing when you constantly have things to do, but it was still nice to be home.
The Friday before I left, Mike and I had tickets to see Springsteen here in London at Emirates Stadium. It was a great show with a great set list, but the crowd was really weird. Nobody stood up! I guess I was bopping in my seat a little too much when the lady sitting next to me asked if I was American. Hahaha!
I had to get up only a few hours from when I got home to catch my flight but it was worth it! When I first arrived at Newark I headed straight for Kim's birthday Luau. 29 ain't so bad--I guess we'll see when I get there in September. Kim was really excited and surprised to see me so I have happy I was able to be there for it. Sunday, Karen and the boys picked me up at Kim's a delivered me to Mom's house. It was a pretty relaxing day. Monday, I bought Macy's out of boxer shorts for Mike and did quite a bit of shopping. Tuesday was lunch with Mike's mom and more shopping. Wednesday was the Yankee game w/ Prail and his fiance', Thursday more shopping, Friday was Matty's Graduation! Pre-K is a pretty big deal in Randolph! Proper caps and gowns and all! He led in the whole group. It was priceless. Saturday, I went to Christopher's baseball game. It's hard to believe that he's not in t-ball anymore!
I've included some pics of Matty's graduation and Chris' game. I guess looking back it was a relaxing week. I was able to spend a lot of quality time with my family and in the end, that's all that counts!
This week, Mike's got training in Buckinghamshire today and tomorrow and we have Royal Ascot on Saturday!
Yesterday we started a big project in our back yard clearing out all the overgrowth and weeding. I'm not sure where I'm going to put all the clippings, but I guess we'll figure it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment