Yes, unfortunately, the Yanks couldn't get it together last night and we lost 2-0 to the Brits in the "Friendly" football match we went to yesterday with our friends Duff and Larissa. I was happy that my favorite player from Chelsea, John Terry scored a goal. He's been getting quite a bit of flack for missing his penalty kick last week in the UEFA Championship, so it was great to see him back on his A-game. Sadly, the four of us knew more players on the England team than we did on the US one!
While Mike and I were waiting for Duff and Larissa outside the stadium, we must have had "Drunk Americans, please come talk to us" stamped on our foreheads. We had a steady stream of people from all over trying to get us to swig out of their disgusting vodka and Jim Beam bottles! Bleh! Out of the 70,000 in attendance I would say only 500 were cheering for the stars and stripes!
I think one of the funniest things was that England had a marching band in the stadium like at a high school football game. It just goes to show how backward this country is...no recorded music.
Our week of craziness is underway...Friday is Springsteen night! We can't wait to head to Arsenal to see the concert!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment