Monday, May 19, 2008

Let's Go Chelsea!!!


As I've mentioned before, we leave within eye-shot and certainly within ear-shot of the Chelsea Football Club. Due to our proximity we've become fast fans! Lucky for us, Chelsea is AWESOME and is in the Champions League Final this Wednesday against Manchester United! Needless to say the neighborhood is all abuzz with excitement! I'm excited to breakout my Chelsea Blue Gear on Wednesday and settle in to watch the game. Unfortunately, Mike has a team building event at work and has to go to see Spamalot in the West End---Sucker!

Ironically, the game is in Moscow and the two teams have actually posted "Hooligan Spotters" at all major English airports and will have them in Moscow as well. I don't know what it is about the football fans here, but they tend to get a little crazy. When Manchester United won their spot in the finals, there was a RIOT in Manchester. Luckily, here is lovely Fulham, we just have a bunch of drunkard roaming the streets chanting their songs...They're harmless!

Though Chelsea is the underdog, here's hoping that Terry, Lampard, and Didier Drogba can lead the team to victory!!

No comments: