Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Year 2 + 2 Days


It's hard to believe it's been a year since we got married! So much has happened in the last 12 months, and time has certainly flew by! So on the 17th we decided that we'd skip the fancy dinner to have some good ol' St Patty's Day fun. The first problem would be finding a place to celebrate in England! We decided to head to Brogan's our local "Irish" pub in the land of English pubs (yes there's a difference). Mike came home from work early and we headed to the pub around 5PM. The place was already packed with people wearing green wigs and green boas. I felt like I was at Willie McBrides in Hoboken! It was tough to get a seat, but Mike has some skill in this area and after only a few minutes we were sitting cozily on a nice sofa. We had a pub dinner and Mike had a few pints of Guinness and I a few of Irish cider. They were playing some of my favorites--Whiskey in the Jar, No, Nay, Never, but not the Unicorn. I was a little disappointed, but I got over it. Unfortunately, the stopped playing Irish music around 8, so we decided to leave.

Today, I'm working on our Irish road trip this weekend. We fly into Shannon on Friday morning and will be picking up our rental car and heading first to Knappogue Castle, then through Limerick and Adare where we'll have lunch. Then we're headed to Tralee and around the Dingle Peninsula and to our hotel in Killarney. Here we'll have our REAL anniversary dinner. On Day 2 we'll head north toward Galway stopping at Doolin which is the Irish Music capital, the CIlffs of Mohr, and the Burren Region. Galway will be our starting off point for the next 2 days. We're really looking forward to the trip and will be sure to take lots of photos to document it! We arrive back in London on Easter Monday and fly back to the states on Tuesday. I'll be spending a little more time in the States than Mike and it seems like when I get home on April 2, we're actually going to fly to Poland on April 3. What a whirlwind couple of weeks!

No comments: