Well, if you listen to Amy WInehouse it ain't, but in all actuality it pretty much did. From what we hear it was all over the news in the US that there was a giant fire in London--Camden to be exact. Truthfully, it wasn't really on the news very much here at all. Amy Winehouse made a pretty big deal of it on the Grammys in between her drunken acceptance speeches, but really it wasn't much to talk about.
Nothing really to report here. Mike's been working like a madman, getting in after 11:00 every night. I on the other hand have turned my job search to volunteer opportunities. One that I'm really "keen" on is an organization called "Walkwell" stationed right around the corner from us in the Sands End section of Fulham. They bring the elderly on walks around the borough and create programs for them. I have a call in to the girl in charge. Hopefully the take me a couple days a week!
Tonight we took advantage of American Express' concierge services and got a reservation at Il Convivio, an Italian restaurant that was the best meal we've had since being in London---except for TGI Fridays when we were craving chicken fingers!!!!! But the food was great, the wine was great, and the service was superb! I even made it through the whole night in my 4 inch heels without a peep of complaint!
Alright it's getting late, and off to bed we go! Tomorrow I'm off to the TKTS booth to get us some West End Tickets and then I'm going to a Bridal Expo with my friend Kialee then meeting Mike and Co. for Happy Hour and then off the the show!!! I'm tired just thinking of it! At least we can relax on Saturday! Mike even has a 60 min massage (his v'day present).
More soon I promise! Love from London!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment