Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...The Right Stuff




It all started in about 1990 when a young Tara...along with the rest of America fell in love with the New Kids on the Block. I was so obsessed that I made my mother drive through a blizzard just to get a wristband so that I could possibly get tickets to a concert. I had jackets, tshirts, buttons, posters, trading cards, dolls...I even had an NKOTB birthday party! I had to have ripped jeans because Donnie had them. I knew every dance move to every song, but then it was all ripped away when the band collapsed. Sure I was able to fill the void with a little *Nsync and Backstreet Boys, but it never was really quite the same!

That is until now! The New Kids are back together with a new album and I thought that I would be SOL when it came to the tour. I'm on the NKOTB.com mailing list and got a great email just before we went on holiday. The New Kids would be playing a mini show at the HMV music store here in LONDON on Sept 8! Needless to say I was totally there! I went around 11AM for the 1PM show, and was sad to see that 2 hours wasn't nearly enough time...I needed to be there 2 DAYS EARLY! Girls...mind you, I was among the youngest there, had camped out on the streets of London for 2 days just to get a wristband to be able to get an autograph! PLEASE! We're not 13 anymore girls!

Anyway, at the show they played some of my favorite old tunes "Step By Step" and "Tonight" and two new songs "Summertime" and "Single" which they sing with Ne-Yo. I really felt like I was 13 again singing along and cheering! The best part was after they were done singing it was time for a Q&A. The questions were previously picked, an one asked when they would tour England. Like I said, there were no tour dates listed on their website for England, so I thought I'd be SOL. Sure enough, Danny rattled off a list of tour dates for locations around the UK! Jan 24--London at the O2 Arena. I knew at that moment I was so there. Mike would just have to suck it up and bring me! Lucky for him though, I emailed all the girls in our little expat group and got a taker. Larissa is going to come with me. Apparently, her parents thought she was too little to go to a concert back in the day, and has been carrying around that disappointment all these years! Hahaha!

I hope you like the pics from the show!

No comments: