Friday, August 15, 2008

I know, I know I've been slacking!

I got not only 1, but 2 emails today telling me that I'm slacking on my blogging. I'm not sure why, I guess since we actually LIVE here now, the novelty has kind of worn off. Mike and I have caught the Olympic fever here though. Last Friday, we watched the AMAZING opening ceremonies and I have to say that it was funny to hear the English announcers saying how it's going to be hard for London to compete in 2012! Frankly, I'm not sure how London is going to handle all of the HubBub of the Olympics. Granted they are building all of the stadiums and stuff in East London where there isn't much of anything, but the London underground and bus system can't handle the normal day to day traffic--forget bringing an extra 50,000 people into town!!! We're really happy not to have to be here for it!

On Saturday we had an Olympic party at our house. Everyone picked a country and brought food/drink for that country and we had the Wii Olympics...I was very happy to take the gold medal away from Mike in the bowling event! I can't help it if I'm just that good, ya know? We had to be careful not to overdo it on Saturday because we had to be up bright and early to head to Oxford to visit the Casey's.

We took the bus from Victoria and Uncle Mick came to pick us up on the other end. Then we all went to Blenheim Palace where they were having an jousting tournament. The kids loved it, but Mike and I had to admit that it kind of paled in comparison to Medieval Times! It was a nice visit though, but we were really tired when we left Oxford at 8:00...When all was said and done, we didn't get home until after 10 and we were exhausted!!!

No comments: